Sunday, March 21, 2010

Yep... I'm the devil.

So yes, I've been through labour and I know how hard it is even when things go right. Well... Almost right. My labour wasn't exactly normal... But ANNNYWAYS... I was ranting today and made some very evil comments toward my sister in law. And yes they were mean... But they were mostly in jest. Of course I don't want things to go terribly for her or my nephew.

But I was made to feel really awful... And I don't think it was meant as an attack or anything like that... But even just reading my comments you could probably tell they weren't meant in 100% seriousness.

There has been a herculean effort made on my part and the rest of my family to make this girl feel welcome and loved. None of us are happy about the situation but we've been fighting against our own impulses to say anything or do anything that would hurt this girl or my brother.

So if I feel the need to lash out jokingly on a forum she'll never see who does that hurt? I understand that some people have had really bad experiences and maybe have had bad things wished upon them seriously... BUT IT WAS JUST VENTING!

If it keeps me from slapping her the next time she says something horrible and upsetting I'll gladly be the devil in the thread. But I wish people would have taken it for what it was. It was just venting and hyperbole. I'm not a sadistic bitch. If people knew what I'd put myself through for this girl to make her wedding special, if they knew all the hurt she's inflicted on me... Maybe they would forgive a moment's weakness of ranting...

But hey. I said those things. And yep, that makes me a bad person. I just want people to understand that it wasn't meant to be serious.

2 comments:

  1. I don't see that as you being a bad person. Honestly, I think things we say are sometimes taken too seriously.
    Just because your angry and venting doesn't mean you 'really' want her to have a long and hard labor. I don't know I might be screwed up because I do the same thing you do. Hoping something on someone isn't going to make it happen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks darling! <3 I really appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete